Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the copious chemicals called cannabinoids, which is naturally contained in the hemp plant. Cannabinoids may either be produced in the human body (endocannabinoids) or found in the hemp plant (phytocannabinoids). CBD is isolated from the cannabis plant as an extract.
CBD aids in the regulation of the central nervous system and has no role in providing the feeling of being “high,” which happens when one consumes Cannabis. CBD supplements the effects of intrinsic human cannabinoids in regulating several physiological functions such as mood, appetite, immune system, and others.
Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), another cannabinoid naturally found in the hemp plant is psychoactive (intoxicating; induces euphoria) and is responsible for the “high” that marijuana consumers experience.
The benefits of CBD include:
- It acts as an anti-oxidant, thus preventing the occurrence of inflammatory disorders, e. g. cerebral infarction or hemorrhage, myocardial infarction, and gastrointestinal diseases
- It has been shown to prevent the occurrence of neurodegenerative illnesses such as Alzheimer’s Huntington’s and Parkinson’s diseases
- It may also aid in the amelioration of some autoimmune diseases like SLE and rheumatoid arthritis
- Studies indicate that CBD oils can effectively control epilepsy and other seizure disorders
- Research has shown that CBD has potential advantages for mental health disorders, e. g. clinical depression, OCD, schizophrenia, and others
Commonly asked questions regarding CBD:
Is CBD Safe?
CBD was found to be safe with a low toxicity level and with minimal adverse effects. It does not cause harmful effects, unlike THC and other psychoactive compounds. The only concern regarding this is the possible drug interaction that may arise when consumed together with other medications.
Is CBD Addictive?
The World Health Organization (WHO) divulged that CBD does not contain any addictive substances; therefore, it’s not addictive and is not likely to result in abuse or dependence.
Is CBD an Anti-depressant?
CBD may not totally cure clinical depression, but it significantly aids in the alleviation of symptoms and treatment process as a whole. This comes because of the regulation of endocannabinoids that determine the moods and emotions and with the enhanced serotonin (happy hormone) uptake by the receptors, thereby improving the patient’s mood, sleeping pattern, appetite while decreasing stress levels.
It’s highly recommended to seek evaluation and consult with your physician before starting the consumption of CBD oils to determine the dosage that will work for you and to avoid the possibility of drug interactions as well as exacerbations of pre-existing medical conditions. Feel free to inquire at your Marijuana Dispensary In California for more information.